Fire ants are a variety of stinging ants with over 280 species worldwide. They have several common names including ginger ants and tropical fire ants.
The venom of a fire ant sting causes stinging and swells into a bump. This can cause much pain and irritation at times, especially when stung repeatedly by several at once. The bump often forms into a white pustule, which is at risk of becoming infected if scratched; however, if left alone, it will usually go down within a few days. The pustules are unattractive and uncomfortable while active and, if the sting sites become infected, can turn into scars. Additionally, some people are allergic to the venom and, as with many allergies, may experience anaphylaxis, which requires emergency treatment. An antihistamine or topical corticosteroids may help reduce the itching.
Protect children at home, at school & at play.
Ask Royal Pest Services for Topchoice® — the only Fire Ant treatment guaranteed* to provide protection for a full year.
- Fire ants sting millions of people each year.
- One queen is capable of laying 1,500 eggs per day.
- Fire ants are extremely aggressive and will attack if disturbed.
- Fire ant mounds exist even under sidewalks and driveways.
- Topchoice is the #1 professional Fire Ant treatment and the only Fire Ant treatment guaranteed* to provide protection for a full year. It’s single application controls existing colonies while also preventing new infestations from forming.